Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the Apple Watch GPS so inaccurate for running?

I have used every version of the Apple Watch over the years, and tried all the various calibration tips suggested to improve accuracy. But still, my Apple Watch 6 is reliably inaccurate, always calculating distances 1-2% long (and therefore paces that are too fast). I just bought a Garmin Forerunner 745 which is amazingly accurate for pace, cadence, and distance, matches the Apple Watch for HR, but doesn’t have the cell phone, texting, or music capabilities of the Apple Watch. So now I wind up running with two watches, which can’t be the right answer in 2021. Why can’t Apple make a watch that has all these capabilities in one device?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 1:50 PM

This is a user-to-user forum. No one here (with VERY) limited exceptions works for Apple. So we have no insight into Apple's design or manufacturing abilities.

FWIW, Apple does make a watch that has all those capabilities. You're just questioning the accuracy. I suspect that for most people 1-2% accuracy is within an acceptable margin of error considering all the other features you get. Just my opinion. And, of course, you are entitled to yours.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 1:50 PM in response to Adam's dad

This is a user-to-user forum. No one here (with VERY) limited exceptions works for Apple. So we have no insight into Apple's design or manufacturing abilities.

FWIW, Apple does make a watch that has all those capabilities. You're just questioning the accuracy. I suspect that for most people 1-2% accuracy is within an acceptable margin of error considering all the other features you get. Just my opinion. And, of course, you are entitled to yours.

Why is the Apple Watch GPS so inaccurate for running?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.