Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods don’t work with Apple Watch on, it only works when I turn off the watch

My AirPods don’t work with Apple Watch on, it only works when I turn off the watch.

how do I listen to the AirPods with the watch on

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 6:59 AM

Go to Settings/Bluetooth. How many items show as Connected? Bluetooth has a limit of 7 simultaneously connected devices. If you already have 7 (or 6 if you are trying to connect AirPods, which use 2 slots) you need to disconnect one. You already discovered that by disconnecting your Watch. If you have the Tile app that can use a lot of slots, however, there is a setting in the Tile app that will limit the connection to one device at a time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 6:59 AM in response to Carlos2e1

Go to Settings/Bluetooth. How many items show as Connected? Bluetooth has a limit of 7 simultaneously connected devices. If you already have 7 (or 6 if you are trying to connect AirPods, which use 2 slots) you need to disconnect one. You already discovered that by disconnecting your Watch. If you have the Tile app that can use a lot of slots, however, there is a setting in the Tile app that will limit the connection to one device at a time.

My AirPods don’t work with Apple Watch on, it only works when I turn off the watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.