Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can'adjust the volume level on my Clock app

I can't seem to adjust the volume level on my Clock app for timer (which I use a lot) or for alarms. I'm using an iPhone12 Pro Max, iOS 14.4.2.

I have tried Settings Sounds and Haptics volume levels to no effect. I also tried setting the volume from the Clock app when you select which alarm sound you want. While I can make volume changes in either place, but they don't change the alarm or timer volumes. I tried this on an iPhone 8+ also (iOS 14.4.2) and same problem.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 9:23 AM

Hi there wkmacmillan,

Thanks for joining us in Apple Support Communities! We understand the volume of timers and alarms doesn't change when you adjust the volume of your iPhone from the Clock app or from Settings > Sounds & Haptics. We're glad you're here, and we'd like to learn more to see how we can help.

To start, are you using a protective case with your iPhone? If so, and you remove it, does that seem to help?

Next, let's be sure you've updated your iPhone to the latest software release, which is iOS 14.5. If needed, learn more about updating your iPhone here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode, are 'Attention Aware Features' turned on? If so, let's turn them off and try adjusting the volume again to test the issue.

Also, do you have any accessories connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth or a wired connection? If you do, let's disconnect them, restart your iPhone, and test for the issue again.

Let us know your results, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 9:23 AM in response to wkmacmillan

Hi there wkmacmillan,

Thanks for joining us in Apple Support Communities! We understand the volume of timers and alarms doesn't change when you adjust the volume of your iPhone from the Clock app or from Settings > Sounds & Haptics. We're glad you're here, and we'd like to learn more to see how we can help.

To start, are you using a protective case with your iPhone? If so, and you remove it, does that seem to help?

Next, let's be sure you've updated your iPhone to the latest software release, which is iOS 14.5. If needed, learn more about updating your iPhone here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode, are 'Attention Aware Features' turned on? If so, let's turn them off and try adjusting the volume again to test the issue.

Also, do you have any accessories connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth or a wired connection? If you do, let's disconnect them, restart your iPhone, and test for the issue again.

Let us know your results, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers.

Can'adjust the volume level on my Clock app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.