Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Bookmarks

Can someone help me out. I have a lot of duplicate bookmarks and would like to get rid of them is there a easy way or a app for free to get rid of duplicate bookmarks. I am looking at a lot of them so would like to keep only one of them each. There has to be a good way of doing this. Maybe I am calling them bookmarks but they are under favorites.

Thank you

Frank

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 12:58 PM

Yep, I think you followed the steps correctly! It looks like the imported folders are gone now. Is this what you were looking for? For the mouse, what type are you looking for? Apple makes the Magic Mouse 2, which retails for $79.00 at this link: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MLA02LL/A/magic-mouse-2-silver?fnode=04fac21edc31e82640a7e489b0f93cad4a0d6eff9c8bf98cc44dd183ac94291d2c85f587588d17b26623877d4a5bbad0e1628337f6576785a8028d6492bce8fb941fe3a1e363580a36be71c44d9884feb779c32a90c0f6661103868585a7147f

This mouse does come with its own charging cable, which I believe should be the same as the one for your keyboard (depending on its model). Can I see a photo of your keyboard charging port?

67 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 12:58 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Yep, I think you followed the steps correctly! It looks like the imported folders are gone now. Is this what you were looking for? For the mouse, what type are you looking for? Apple makes the Magic Mouse 2, which retails for $79.00 at this link: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MLA02LL/A/magic-mouse-2-silver?fnode=04fac21edc31e82640a7e489b0f93cad4a0d6eff9c8bf98cc44dd183ac94291d2c85f587588d17b26623877d4a5bbad0e1628337f6576785a8028d6492bce8fb941fe3a1e363580a36be71c44d9884feb779c32a90c0f6661103868585a7147f

This mouse does come with its own charging cable, which I believe should be the same as the one for your keyboard (depending on its model). Can I see a photo of your keyboard charging port?

Apr 29, 2021 12:08 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Sorry for the late reply! In the screenshots below, first press on the three dots (number 1.). Then press Preferences (number 2.). Click on Bookmark Dupes after that (number 3.). This should allow you to access the extension, from which you can clear your duplicate bookmarks using these steps:

1. Press Dupes.
  2. Press Mark all but first in each group.
  3. Press Remove marked bookmarks.

The duplicates should then disappear.

Apr 27, 2021 8:56 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

The two stars are shown in the screenshot below (number 1.). You might not see it if the extension is not enabled. First download the extension, and then click the three bars on the right side (number 2. in screenshot). Click Add-ons and Themes, and then press Extensions on the left side. Make sure the slider for the Bookmark Dupes extension is blue.

May 3, 2021 5:33 AM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

I have one other question and this should be it. I imported my bookmarks from Safari to Firebox and wonder if I am doing something wrong why are these dates like this first screen shot is Safari and second is Firefox? Is there a way to clean this up and just make it to the current sd=date like today? It shows today but then I have the other dates under each section. I would like to see just today date but if i delete the older dates then I delete all bookmark? Found this on the finder bar GO TO ON FINDER

~/Library/Safari/ and found bookmark/plist I deleted it and tryied to usse today as a date for import on both but cannot get rid of old dates?

Thank you The_MacBook

May 5, 2021 4:44 AM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

Yes would like to delete those folders with the dates but it seems if i delete them then I delete all of them tried to just delete each date then I delete all of them. So what do i need to do make another folder then? I have been deleltying them then trasfer them to Safari and then back to Firefox this is why i am having a problem with the dates cannot just delete a date?

Still having issue on making a current date with bookmarks and when I do this maybe I am not importing them the right way thought I was maybe you can send me instruction on how to do this? See the screen shots with all the dates cannot delete one cause its a sub folder?

Thank you The_MacBook

Frank

May 5, 2021 6:07 AM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

I just wanted to show you something i changed the date in the bookmarks in Safari and put them in Firefox nookmarks now that there is only 1 date since you showed me how to change the name of it. Ho can I get rid of sub =folders without delelting all the bookmarks? You will see the arrows show a drop down and as I fo down each sub folder it keeps telling me favorites and the finally get the book marks need to knw what I am doing wrong see screen shot? Also went to the GO TO FINDER then type in ~/Library/Safari and move bookmark .plst to desktop and then clean out my bookmarks in Safari i put them bak in and have same problem.

Thank you The_MacBook

Frank

May 5, 2021 2:14 PM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

Thanks for the info did that and still get that screen shot? I do not know what I am doing wrong usually this is easy to do. How do you not export from safari? That is how I am doing it. I go to file in safari then export to html and put it on desktop then import it on Firefox basically same way except I have to go to manage bookmarks then select last one that has all bookmarks then import? Maybe there is something wrong I am doing? i just did these today look at screen shot itook out the dates like to said to rename.

Thank you The_MacBook

Frank

May 7, 2021 9:32 AM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

Is there anyway to get all these imported folders to be deleted? I took off dates when I rename it but if I close the import it closed all bookmarks I would like to be able to have one import is there a way to do that see my safari screen shot? I took off dates and rename it like you told ne to do now want to get rid of all these imported folders or what ever they call them now?

Thank you The_MacBook

Frank

May 8, 2021 10:07 AM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

Just so you know I still did not resolve it yet but saw this in the finder Go Folder and type in ~/Library/Safari/ and found Bookmarks.plist and moved it to desktop and then reloaded Safari and all bookmarks were gone. But to get those bookmarks back had to import them and was hoping that would fix the import folders see scree nshot on this as well no luck so still stuck on this issue. You told me to change date and left it all blank and still every dropdown brings me to my bookmarks you will see in screen shot. I just want to keep the favorites not the imported ones cannto figure on how to get rid of those?

Thank you The_MacBook

Frank

May 15, 2021 4:36 AM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

Great the bookmarks are ab;e to sort but still having troubles of getting rid of all these imported folders that are shown. These are open just to have the last one open there has to be a way to delete all these sub folders marked imported? If I delete one sub folder it delete all bookmarks? Any way of fixing this now?

Thank you The_MacBook

Frank

May 15, 2021 6:44 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

I attached some screenshots below showing the steps you need to take. First, press on the stacked books (number 1). Next, click on "Bookmarks" (number 2). Then press "Manage Bookmarks" (number 3). The next part might look different since we have different folders and bookmarks, but the steps are similar. First, press the Favorites folder to highlight it (number 4). Then click Command and C on the keyboard (to copy it). After that, click on the folder you want to transfer your bookmarks into. I assume you want to put the bookmarks into the Imported 5/9/21 folder, so click on that folder. Then on the keyboard, press Command and V to paste the Favorites folder into the one. Next, it's time to delete the folders you don't want. Since you have an iMac, press Control on the keyboard while clicking on the biggest folder you don't want (highlighted in number 5). Then press "Delete" (pointed to in number 5). The folders you don't want should then disappear. I hope this helps and that you get better fighting COVID!

May 16, 2021 6:21 AM in response to The_MacBook

The_MacBook

I tried to follow all your directions but so groggy from this covid can you check if this is what you mean to do?

I tried each step and this is what I ended up with but like I say not sure if all directions from screen shot are done the right way. Also need a new mouse for mu iMac have to have someone pick it up for me do you know how much they are new and do they come with a charging cable like my new keyboard did? I am using AA batteries in this old mouse and was wondering if new one will be like my new keyboard with cable to charge now? I will give you my new screen shot let me know were I went wrong please?

Thank you The_MacBook

Frank

Duplicate Bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.