Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting text messages saying my iPhone has been hacked

i am getting weird text messages. One text said my phone has been hacked. I needed to buy an app to protect it.

ive gotten some calls from people that said they didn’t call me.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 11:09 AM

The text is pure phishing, ignore it and delete it. You second issue is due to what is called number spoofing, spammers can call you using a totally made up phone number. I have even called myself before trying to sell myself and extended car warranty.

Now if you took those calls and talked to the people who have that number and they later said they didn't talk to you that is an entirely different issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 11:09 AM in response to 2021happy

The text is pure phishing, ignore it and delete it. You second issue is due to what is called number spoofing, spammers can call you using a totally made up phone number. I have even called myself before trying to sell myself and extended car warranty.

Now if you took those calls and talked to the people who have that number and they later said they didn't talk to you that is an entirely different issue.

Getting text messages saying my iPhone has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.