Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2015 Wifi problem reconnection

Hello everyone,

I have the problem with Wi-Fi on MacBook Air 2015 with the Big Sur version, every time I disconnect and want to reconnect, the connection itself takes a long time and in the meantime a password entry table appears about 5 times and the connection failed under the message. It will succeed on the 5th attempt, but it will only switch to the 2.4 ghz network. The router is a TP-Link Archer 6 (with 2.4 and 5ghz). If I miraculously manage to connect to 5ghz then there is about 10 Sec lag connection once every 2 min. I tried to clear the list of wifi networks and reset the router to the factory settings, unfortunately nothing helped, including smc, VRAM, etc. I have no problem with other devices. Does anyone know where could be a problem please ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 7:40 PM

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related WiFi error(CNW001 to CNW006).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air.

Official Apple Support

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 7:40 PM in response to avdantes91

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related WiFi error(CNW001 to CNW006).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air.

Official Apple Support

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

May 15, 2021 2:44 AM in response to vinxy

The problem was in router, some routers are not friends of OSX systems, first I tried downgrade firmware of router and this is help for 2 days then i return router in the shop I bought it because problem appears again and I bought a new one (TP link Archer C80)and now everything is better but yesterday I ve had the similar lags and I think the main problem is in Big Sur version because on Catalina I had no problem with latency, but connecting to wifi problem was solved by the new router, so now password tables and error report disappear and I clearly connect to the wifi every time with no problem

Apr 27, 2021 11:10 AM in response to kaz-k

Thank you,

I tried but nothing MacBook found only error ppt004 with battery problem only with 57 cycles and 6 months old, so I checked battery visualy and battery is ok no swollen or any issue, when I opened the Mac I tried unplug and plug wifi card, clean it and nothing happened, problem with wifi is the same still. Maybe replace it will be best solution.

MacBook Air 2015 Wifi problem reconnection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.