Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi connection failing after update to Monterey

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Never had any wi-fi issues but after the update to Monterey my wifi connection fails seemingly random and the only thing that works, to fix it, is a MacBook restart. Wifi will work again for some time but fail again after sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes 5 hours.

As a workaround I stopped using wifi and switched to Ethernet port but I hope Apple can fix wifi.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:30 AM

Roland10pont wrote:

Never had any wi-fi issues but after the update to Monterey my wifi connection fails seemingly random and the only thing that works, to fix it, is a MacBook restart. Wifi will work again for some time but fail again after sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes 5 hours.

As a workaround I stopped using wifi and switched to Ethernet port but I hope Apple can fix wifi.

you can file a bug report — if it catches the attention of Apple engineers they may or may not get back to you for a sysdiagnostic dump.

bug reports filed through this same link, submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:30 AM in response to Roland10pont

Roland10pont wrote:

you can file a bug report — if it catches the attention of Apple engineers they may or may not get back to you for a sysdiagnostic dump.

bug reports filed through this same link, submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Nov 24, 2021 4:30 AM in response to Purd

Glad you discover the source of your issue .

To Add :

1 - Commercial VPNs should only be used if Mandated by Corporate Head Office for working remotely. Otherwise - ones Privacy and Security touted by the VPN is suspect. 

2 - Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Nov 24, 2021 4:07 AM in response to Roland10pont

Just a note I am seeing this on a 2021 MacBook Pro WiFi will show as connected but not pass any traffic. Basic tests show the issue as the device as I can not ping local network (WAP or Gateway).

macOS 12.0.1 (21A559)

System:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,2

Chip: Apple M1 Max

Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)

Memory: 32 GB

System Firmware Version: 7429.41.5

OS Loader Version: 7429.41.5

WiFi connection failing after update to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.