Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi intemittently disconnects on Macbook Pro

I have a 2020 Macbook Pro running Monterey. My computer disconnects from my wifi network for a few minutes multiple times per day- even though the connection is fine on every other device on the network. It happens even if I am right next to the wifi router. It doesn't happen on any other network so there seems to be an issue with this specific computer and this specific wifi network.

I have tried an SMC and PRAM reset and adding a DHCP reservation. I have run wifi diagnostics but didn't know what to do with the report. Any other ideas??

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 8:29 PM

saltgirl16 Said:

"Wifi intemittently disconnects on Macbook Pro: I have a 2020 Macbook Pro running Monterey. My computer disconnects from my wifi network for a few minutes multiple times per day- even though the connection is fine on every other device on the network."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 8:29 PM in response to saltgirl16

saltgirl16 Said:

"Wifi intemittently disconnects on Macbook Pro: I have a 2020 Macbook Pro running Monterey. My computer disconnects from my wifi network for a few minutes multiple times per day- even though the connection is fine on every other device on the network."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

Wifi intemittently disconnects on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.