Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi problems after Monterey OS upgrade.

Hi,

Before the upgrade from Big Sur, my wifi was solid, and never had any disconnect issues.

Then I finally upgraded to Monterey at the beginning of Feb 2022 and ever since then my Wifi drops once a day. I Roku, Ring, and other devices and iPhones do not disconnect. But, my Macbook Pro drops connection once a day. The fix is to turn off wifi and turn it back on and connect to my Google Nest and do that a few times to connect. Takes a few minutes. Very annoying.

Is this happening to others? This is the reason I usually wait for a while to upgrade to the latest OS.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 12:26 AM

Try:

Powering off and then back on your router

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Try adding a new network location:

How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 12:26 AM in response to TechieLA

Try:

Powering off and then back on your router

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Try adding a new network location:

How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support

Wifi problems after Monterey OS upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.