Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Wifi Instability Issue: BigSur 11.7.9

Hi, I own a Macbook Pro 2014. Post updating my device to BigSur 11.7.9 recently my WiFi is unstable (disconnects after a period of time). I did not have this issue with earlier versions of BigSur. Reboot helps temporarily. Thank you!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 5:09 PM

Hi Stolen97

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Wifi Instability Issue: BigSur 11.7.9

Troubleshooting :

Apple support has some tips about connecting (and using diagnostic tools) that you may want to try:

What to do: If your Mac isn't connecting to the internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Eg: Make sure that the date and time are set correctly on your Mac.

Also: Learn about network issues related to VPN and other software

Try turning off any third-party (non-Apple) software, (and / or check for updates for necessary software):

(unnecessary add-blockers, virus-checkers or the like, even VPN can cause interference).

________________________________________________________________________________________________

If needed: you might want to check with your ISP about interruptions to supply / service / and to make sure everything is working properly.

Also:

How to: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

More info. / support / contact:

MacBook Pro Support:

MacBook Pro - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 5:09 PM in response to Stolen97

Hi Stolen97

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Wifi Instability Issue: BigSur 11.7.9

Troubleshooting :

Apple support has some tips about connecting (and using diagnostic tools) that you may want to try:

What to do: If your Mac isn't connecting to the internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Eg: Make sure that the date and time are set correctly on your Mac.

Also: Learn about network issues related to VPN and other software

Try turning off any third-party (non-Apple) software, (and / or check for updates for necessary software):

(unnecessary add-blockers, virus-checkers or the like, even VPN can cause interference).

________________________________________________________________________________________________

If needed: you might want to check with your ISP about interruptions to supply / service / and to make sure everything is working properly.

Also:

How to: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

More info. / support / contact:

MacBook Pro Support:

MacBook Pro - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Wifi Instability Issue: BigSur 11.7.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.