Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What causes the orange spot on the screen?

My MacBook Pro 13 inch just got an orange spot on the screen. It's odd because I have been using it all day doing work on my campus. I got home and started using it again and about an hour later the orange spot appears. I haven't had this spot before and when I push on it kind of disappears but then comes back. I've had this laptop for about three years and I'm not sure what is causing this issue, but I'm not looking forward to paying to get this fixed.

Has anyone else experienced this and know why this happens?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 5:26 PM

phoenixMP Said:

"What causes the orange spot on the screen? My MacBook Pro 13 inch just got an orange spot on the screen. It's odd because I have been using it all day doing work on my campus.[...]I'm not sure what is causing this issue, but I'm not looking forward to paying to get this fixed. Has anyone else experienced this and know why this happens?"

-------

Seems Your Screen is Faulty:

This is a pixelation error. As you might suspect, no one here would know the official reason for this occurrence, being these are just forums. The pixels on your screen are failing. So, how old is this device? If it is covered under warranty, then contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this screen replaced. Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this, if purchased from Apple.

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 5:26 PM in response to phoenixMP

phoenixMP Said:

"What causes the orange spot on the screen? My MacBook Pro 13 inch just got an orange spot on the screen. It's odd because I have been using it all day doing work on my campus.[...]I'm not sure what is causing this issue, but I'm not looking forward to paying to get this fixed. Has anyone else experienced this and know why this happens?"

-------

Seems Your Screen is Faulty:

This is a pixelation error. As you might suspect, no one here would know the official reason for this occurrence, being these are just forums. The pixels on your screen are failing. So, how old is this device? If it is covered under warranty, then contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this screen replaced. Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this, if purchased from Apple.

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

What causes the orange spot on the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.