Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Update Apple Watch" notifications are incessant. I do not own an Apple Watch.

My phone is constantly bringing up a text box that says the following:

"Update Apple Watch

Your Apple Watch software is out of date. You'll need to update it with the latest version of watchOS using the Apple Watch app.

Dismiss / Update"

When I dismiss it, it reappears--sometimes immediately. On some days it won't do this at all. On others, it is every two minutes--no exaggeration. I do not own an Apple Watch and no one in my household owns an Apple Watch.

Just clearing the notifications away when I'm browsing is easy enough, but recently I've started playing a game that needs me to set the phone down and let things play out from time to time--but I have to constantly babysit it, because this notification will show up and everything will freeze until it's cleared. I am at my wit's end with this blasted notification, please someone help me figure out how to end it once and for all before I pitch my phone into the street.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 7:16 PM

And did that family member ever own an Apple Watch?

Was the iPhone thoroughly and completely cleansed as follows before you took it over? My guess is it was not. If not, now is the time …

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

"Update Apple Watch" notifications are incessant. I do not own an Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.