Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing Videos from iTunes with the lid closed on a Windows laptop

I have an HP on which iTunes is loaded. I am projecting what's on my HP laptop onto an external monitor; however, whenever I try to view my videos in iTunes with the lid closed, I only get a black square. If I open the lid, the video projects onto the external monitor. Is there a fix for this?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 1:41 PM

Hey there, Venice65.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about wanting to have video output through an external display using videos from iTunes. We'd be glad to see how we can help.

Does this behavior occur specifically with videos from iTunes, or does it happen when trying to output any video with your computer closed? If the issue happens all the time, you may need to make some changes to how the power settings are configured on your PC. We did some looking and it appears that this link may help you get started: Setting the action when lid is closed - Microsoft Community

If that link doesn't get the issue completely solved, you may want to check with Microsoft Support directly for other options.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 1:41 PM in response to Venice65

Hey there, Venice65.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about wanting to have video output through an external display using videos from iTunes. We'd be glad to see how we can help.

Does this behavior occur specifically with videos from iTunes, or does it happen when trying to output any video with your computer closed? If the issue happens all the time, you may need to make some changes to how the power settings are configured on your PC. We did some looking and it appears that this link may help you get started: Setting the action when lid is closed - Microsoft Community

If that link doesn't get the issue completely solved, you may want to check with Microsoft Support directly for other options.

Take care.

Viewing Videos from iTunes with the lid closed on a Windows laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.