Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore IOS 14.4 on iPhone 12 and Mac OS Mojave?

Hi, I updated my iphone 12 mini to 14.5, but now it won't connect to itunes because I have the mac os Mojave version of iTunes. The problem is that I don't want to update to a new mac OS because then some of my apps won't work. The solutions found from Google all assume I have the latest version of iTunes. Is there anyway to restore my backup from itunes?

BTW, I also have a ipad with 14.4 if that could help.

I've tried putting my iphone into DFU mode, but apparently that doesn't work with the Mojave itunes. Thanks!

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 7:56 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 26, 2021 8:11 PM in response to deggie

OK, I figured it out (partly). When Photos gave me a pop-up saying I had to update my (unspecified) software, I thought it meant my OS software. But I tried it, and it updated only my iTunes software, and now it recognizes my iPhone.

What I still don't understand is why iTunes was not the latest version. I always update iTunes when asked, and in the System Preferences or App store, there was no indication that my Itunes needed updating. How am I supposed to keep iTunes at the latest version for Mojave?

How to restore IOS 14.4 on iPhone 12 and Mac OS Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.