Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Fails to Update

Over and over again the Update of the Apple Watch App (on the Iphone X) fails with the message saying that the update failed due to a lack of available memory. Even after deleting every watch app I could find, the message still came up. I rebooted the Apple Watch, but that did not help.

Finally, I was forced to unpair the Apple Watch, then re pair the Apple Watch to the Iphone X. Only then could I install the Apple Watch update.

This whole process took over 3 hours. I really wish there was an easier way to update the Apple Watch.

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 9:42 PM

My partner experiences this with her Apple Watch each time there is an update, and it appears to be a known limitation of any Apple Watch with only 8GB of storage.

In my experience, there isn't much else which you can do apart from what you have described. I'm considering trading in my partners watch when the next models are released as I too am getting tired of the software update process.

Apple seems to have acknowledged the issue in their support article too:

If you have Apple Watch Series 3, skip directly to the steps to unpair and update your Apple Watch.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 9:42 PM in response to DanMoak

My partner experiences this with her Apple Watch each time there is an update, and it appears to be a known limitation of any Apple Watch with only 8GB of storage.

In my experience, there isn't much else which you can do apart from what you have described. I'm considering trading in my partners watch when the next models are released as I too am getting tired of the software update process.

Apple seems to have acknowledged the issue in their support article too:

If you have Apple Watch Series 3, skip directly to the steps to unpair and update your Apple Watch.

Apple Watch Fails to Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.