Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Update iOS stuck on "installing"

After multiple attempts to update the iOS on my Apple Watch 3, getting told there was not enough memory available to do the download each time, I decided to unpair the Apple Watch and start over. It's been stuck on "installing" for at least 15 hours now. I've kept it on the charger, right next to my iPhone 11, which is also has remained plugged in and on wifi. Help! Is the watch just toast at this point? It worked great up until I tried to update it. When I double-tap the phone, it says to finish the setup by using the app on my phone, which is stuck on "installing" the software update to the watch.

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 10:48 AM

Hi cindaok,

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help updating your Apple Watch. We're here for you!

Let's get to the bottom of this together. To start, let us know if you've had an opportunity to force restart your Apple Watch, and then restart your iPhone, before attempting to pair again.

The following guide explains how to force restart Apple Watch:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

And this guide explains how to restart iPhone:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

We'd also like to share the following troubleshooting article with steps to help get your Apple Watch paired again:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 10:48 AM in response to cindaok

Hi cindaok,

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help updating your Apple Watch. We're here for you!

Let's get to the bottom of this together. To start, let us know if you've had an opportunity to force restart your Apple Watch, and then restart your iPhone, before attempting to pair again.

The following guide explains how to force restart Apple Watch:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

And this guide explains how to restart iPhone:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

We'd also like to share the following troubleshooting article with steps to help get your Apple Watch paired again:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Take care!

Apple Watch Update iOS stuck on "installing"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.