Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPnone 8 watch app stuck on “installing...”

I've updated my Apple Watch 5 to the latest OS, the Watch is still on the charger seems to have finished the update, but my the Watch app SW update on my iPhone 8 pro has been saying "installing..." for over an hour. The watch face appears, but it seems to have unpaired from my phone. The Watch is still in the charger as I'm afraid of removing it to mess things up. I've tried restarting the Watch app, but it continues to say “Installing...” when I open go to SW update in the watch app.

Anyone else with the same problem? Any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:19 PM

Hi there Linsor,

We understand you have a question about updating your Apple Watch Series 5, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Take a look at it here: Update your Apple Watch

Specifically, the detail below may help:

"Leave your Apple Watch on its charger while the update completes. Don't restart your iPhone or Apple Watch, and don't quit the Watch app. When the update completes, your Apple Watch restarts on its own."

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 6:19 PM in response to Linsor

Hi there Linsor,

We understand you have a question about updating your Apple Watch Series 5, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Take a look at it here: Update your Apple Watch

Specifically, the detail below may help:

"Leave your Apple Watch on its charger while the update completes. Don't restart your iPhone or Apple Watch, and don't quit the Watch app. When the update completes, your Apple Watch restarts on its own."

Cheers!

IPnone 8 watch app stuck on “installing...”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.