Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid Input job application

Hello,

I have the same problem... Is there someone able to clarify it, please?

“ Having an issue while submitting Job application - showing Invalid Input

I have already filled my Profile.

Process:

1. Click apply at job posting
  2. enter my ID password
  3. As my profile is already filled, hit continue
  4. Again Continue
  5. Last, Hit submit.(Shows error "Invalid input")”

Thanks in advance,

Vanessa

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 9:28 AM

I had the same problem. I fixed it by going into my "Profile", clicking on each field, and re-entering the same information.

I found that on the "Skills" sections which was auto-populated from my resume, if there were keywords on my resume that weren't in the Apple dictionary, I would get the same error message "Invalid Input" when clicking "Save". For example, my keyword that failed was "Silicon Validation". Apple has "Silicon" in their dictionary, but not "Silicon Validation".

To address this, I erased all the keywords in the "Skills" section and added them back one by one to make sure they were in the Apple dictionary. After doing that, I had no issue with submitting my application.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 9:28 AM in response to VanessaRego

I had the same problem. I fixed it by going into my "Profile", clicking on each field, and re-entering the same information.

I found that on the "Skills" sections which was auto-populated from my resume, if there were keywords on my resume that weren't in the Apple dictionary, I would get the same error message "Invalid Input" when clicking "Save". For example, my keyword that failed was "Silicon Validation". Apple has "Silicon" in their dictionary, but not "Silicon Validation".

To address this, I erased all the keywords in the "Skills" section and added them back one by one to make sure they were in the Apple dictionary. After doing that, I had no issue with submitting my application.

Invalid Input job application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.