Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there method to get HP1912 to work with Catalina or later?

Has anyone found a driver or other method to get an HP 1012 printer to work with Catalina PS or later?

Mac mini, 10.15

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 1:42 AM

Hi,

Do you mean the HP LaserJet 1012?

If so, have you tried the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS download (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US), which was updated Dec 11, 2020?

It may be a good idea to begin by resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer.

Would a suitable HP LaserJet 1012 driver be offered?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 1:42 AM in response to burrsage

Hi,

Do you mean the HP LaserJet 1012?

If so, have you tried the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS download (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US), which was updated Dec 11, 2020?

It may be a good idea to begin by resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer.

Would a suitable HP LaserJet 1012 driver be offered?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Apr 30, 2021 12:10 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks for your reply, Trying your link resulted in finding a machine language page - no icons, just words . However trying the link on an older computer did allow me to find and download v 5.1, which I then installed on the newer Catalina Mac. After some initial road bumps with XXXX may damage your computer, I cleared up that issue and was able to print - for a while. Now I'm dealing with printer messages like Can’t open “/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/004bd60997053.” Once I figure out how to deal with that one (or similar) I should be good. Your suggestion to install v5.1 was definitely correct. thank you.

Is there method to get HP1912 to work with Catalina or later?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.