Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no Software Update option in my Apple Menu?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 4:39 AM

That is because at the time an UpGrade was offered by Apple - the User chose not to upgrade. Now, the time has passed and is not longer offered through the Apple Store.

To Get an upgrade How to get old versions of macOS. You will require knowing the Age of this computer >> About this Mac << will provide this info. The Age of the computer will Govern what next version of macOS it Qualifies to upGrade to. Verify the requirements of the new OS and then decide which version it can handle. Then use Safari Only to start the download as Other may not work.

Notations: Make a Time Machine Before Attempting the upgrade. Starting in Catalina and above - all support for anything 32 bit is removed and there is no workaround for this.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 4:39 AM in response to generosa128

That is because at the time an UpGrade was offered by Apple - the User chose not to upgrade. Now, the time has passed and is not longer offered through the Apple Store.

To Get an upgrade How to get old versions of macOS. You will require knowing the Age of this computer >> About this Mac << will provide this info. The Age of the computer will Govern what next version of macOS it Qualifies to upGrade to. Verify the requirements of the new OS and then decide which version it can handle. Then use Safari Only to start the download as Other may not work.

Notations: Make a Time Machine Before Attempting the upgrade. Starting in Catalina and above - all support for anything 32 bit is removed and there is no workaround for this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.