Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch for kids

I would like to purchase a dual purpose Apple Watch. For my wife to wear every once a while and Also for my kids to wear when they are playing around the neighborhood and I need to get in touch with him. Child does not have a cell phone. Does the Apple Watch require cellular?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 7:23 AM

Hello Sbcaddy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

Starting in iOS 14 you are now able to setup a cellular Apple Watch for Family members who do not have a cell phone. All that is required for setup a Cellular Apple Watch Series 4 or Higher. You can set it up with your carrier or use another carrier for Family setup. All of this from your iPhone. In this post I’ll include an article about this and a helpful Youtube video from Apple Support which can help you setup Family Setup.

Best of Luck

Cube2012

———————————————————————————————

Setup Family Setup

Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Family Setup Youtube -Apple Support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6uMQeUx0l8

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 7:23 AM in response to Randy-12

Hello Sbcaddy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

Starting in iOS 14 you are now able to setup a cellular Apple Watch for Family members who do not have a cell phone. All that is required for setup a Cellular Apple Watch Series 4 or Higher. You can set it up with your carrier or use another carrier for Family setup. All of this from your iPhone. In this post I’ll include an article about this and a helpful Youtube video from Apple Support which can help you setup Family Setup.

Best of Luck

Cube2012

———————————————————————————————

Setup Family Setup

Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Family Setup Youtube -Apple Support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6uMQeUx0l8

Apple Watch for kids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.