Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My cardio fitness stopped working after I reset and re-paired my Watch SE

I use Strava for recording my workouts, and my Watch SE (and prior to that, my Series 3) was showing Cardio Fitness data from these workouts. But then to get cell service activated, I had to unpair and reset my watch. Ever since, I don't get Cardio Fitness data from workouts. I've tried every setting I can find but nothing seems to work.

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 10:22 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2021 11:58 AM in response to megnut72

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, megnut72.

If we understand your post correctly, data for one of your apps is not syncing after you unpaired and paired your Apple Watch. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Apr 29, 2021 8:06 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

Sorry perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The issue is that on my iPhone > Health App > Summary > Cardio Fitness I am no longer getting measurements. I use Strava via my Apple Watch to record Walks and when it updated the Strava app on phone (which is still does just fine), Health would read it and give me a Cardio Fitness Level. This has stopped working.

I had a Series 3 watch with no cellular. I replaced it recently with an SE with cellular. I used the SE/Strava for several days and Cardio Fitness Level updated, same as with prior watch. Then I tried to get cellular service activated, and during that process Technical Support asked me to unpair and reset the watch, and re-pair to my phone. Ultimately cellular service was activated, watch was paired to my phone. But ever since I get no updates to Cardio Fitness Level. It's "set up" because I can see my prior data. But it's not updating and I don't know where/how to tell it to read Strava data. Or any data. It also doesn't generate a Level when I use Apple Workout app via watch.

I really enjoyed this feature of Health and would like to get it working again. Thanks.

My cardio fitness stopped working after I reset and re-paired my Watch SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.