Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't turn on after overheating

My iPhone XR overheated so I turned it off (the phone had 4% of battery at the time of shut off) and left it off the charger to cool down. Now, my phone is completely cool but when I try turning it on, it doesn't work. Then, I tried plugging it in and has been plugged in for about 45 minutes and still won't turn on- its just a black screen. It won't even show the charging screen. What do I do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 11:42 AM

MagCal wrote:

My iPhone XR overheated so I turned it off (the phone had 4% of battery at the time of shut off) and left it off the charger to cool down. Now, my phone is completely cool but when I try turning it on, it doesn't work. Then, I tried plugging it in and has been plugged in for about 45 minutes and still won't turn on- its just a black screen. It won't even show the charging screen. What do I do?

Try a different cord and power outlet, wait a few minutes then perform steps here If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 11:42 AM in response to MagCal

MagCal wrote:

Try a different cord and power outlet, wait a few minutes then perform steps here If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

iPhone won't turn on after overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.