Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes will stop syncing Outlook calendar and contacts?

How will I be able to synchronize without using cloud?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 12:06 PM

15 replies

Apr 30, 2021 3:24 PM in response to wwwheaten

No suggestions. Maybe iCloud syncing works better now? How long ago did you try it? I'm using Office 365/Exchange for work, which works well for me. I seem to recall managing to duplicate contacts back when I first got an iPhone 3 so I've probably avoided syncing with either iCloud or iTunes since then. It is on my phone and iPad, and there are backups, and the crucial stuff is also in my work account.

tt2

May 8, 2021 9:37 AM in response to howardfromholly

3 days ago my 6s+ drowned, and then I found out about stop sync outlook. I do not see any ApplePie about any replacement so I assume that Tim Is cooking a payable or subscription service close to the deadline. I also have an Android phone (in case of a drowning iphone) and found CompanionLink offering sync PC/Outlook/Android for 40USD. That now seems a good deal compared to iPhone’s price premium?

May 22, 2021 7:22 AM in response to le_flyer

Since I am the one who started this thread, I should respond to you.After 5 or 6 emails back-and-forthI was still unable to start the program. I next downloaded a trial version of CompanionLink. I did have some difficulty getting this started, but they have quite a number of detailed troubleshooting articles on her website that helped me. I have been using the program for a couple of weeks now and am very pleased with it.

A major issue for me is security. While actual does not use the cloud to transfer data, they do it through Wi-Fi. As far as I can tell, CompanionLink is the only program which still allows you to use a USB cable.

HowardD

Jun 11, 2021 9:54 AM in response to howardfromholly

Yes, total crap from Apple. I will not ever store my personal information in a cloud server, too many data breaches happing all the time. The best thing about Windows iTunes syncing is you can force Outlook to overwrite the iPhone or iPad. I have found two way syncing can corrupt and mess up contacts, so I only make changes in Outlook and overwrite my phone periodically. Never had any problems since doing that. The thing that sucks about iCloud is you can't specify a direction to sync. Guess I'll have to see if CompanionLink will work as an alternative.

Jun 11, 2021 10:50 AM in response to Peter Pappas

Hate to say it but I think Apple are making a mistake. If I move away from iTunes for syncing with Outlook then I'll no longer be using it, period. I'll be using somehting else. That means I'll no longer be buying music etc. from others, not Apple.

A large part of Apple's revenues are from iTunes and related sales, which - good or bad - iTunes helps them retain. Lose that centralization and you lose that stranglehold. Maybe it won't be for many, but in the restaurant trade they know well that for every bad meal, seven people know not to go there...

DIsappointing to say the least, given this shouldn't be difficult for Apple to maintain.

Jun 11, 2021 10:57 AM in response to turingtest2

I have tried getting it to work twice, each time a major hassle unwinding it. Started working OK but then stopped, with resulting endless annoying error messages. I'm using non-365 Outlook, but I doubt that has any implications.

I spoke to a friend in Canadian local government, they are looking seriously at having to stop using iPhones because the cloud has security implications. They are not allowed to keep sensitive materials on insecure servers, and any server outside Canada is deemed a posisble risk. So for them, the end of iTunes sync is not a small issue and could affect tens of thousands of purchase decisions in multiple countries.

Jul 21, 2021 12:12 PM in response to dottie212

I've used Akruto for a couple of years with great success, but the company has changed...a LOT. Tech support is VERY slow to respond (email only, no other choice), the company doesn't show ANY phone #'s, and honestly I would avoid them. After having moved recently, when you go through the configuration steps, and get to one website (for iPhones) that you're supposed to open, it is now a dead link. Apparently so is the company...!

itunes will stop syncing Outlook calendar and contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.