Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app needs to be updated by developer to work with this version of ios

Hello,

I have an app that is not working with new IOS update. It's HT pro and is no longer in the app store. It is an Hours tracker app. It has all of my clients and what I charge per hour for the past 11 years. Is there anyway to open this to get the information off of it or some other way to get the info?

Thanks

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 3:26 PM

The problem is that you had a super old HT Pro 3.4 and never migrated to the newer one. 

As a result, the problem you now have is that you upgraded iOS before upgrading the app, and now you cannot launch the app to use the migration options.

Are you familiar with using iOS Document Sharing? You could use this to move the data between HT Pro and HoursTracker. Just be careful you don't copy in the wrong direction. In fact, I recommend uninstalling the newer app so you only have your HT Pro on there, then copy the jobsHoursDb.sqlite3 file from the app on the phone into the computer, and then copy from the computer to the newer app. This way you're sure you have a copy of your data on the computer in a place that can't be overwritten. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 3:26 PM in response to chronified

The problem is that you had a super old HT Pro 3.4 and never migrated to the newer one. 

As a result, the problem you now have is that you upgraded iOS before upgrading the app, and now you cannot launch the app to use the migration options.

Are you familiar with using iOS Document Sharing? You could use this to move the data between HT Pro and HoursTracker. Just be careful you don't copy in the wrong direction. In fact, I recommend uninstalling the newer app so you only have your HT Pro on there, then copy the jobsHoursDb.sqlite3 file from the app on the phone into the computer, and then copy from the computer to the newer app. This way you're sure you have a copy of your data on the computer in a place that can't be overwritten. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

Jun 7, 2021 10:03 PM in response to chronified

I have an iPhone 8, Software Version 14.6. I have used HT Pro to track the time I spend working for clients for billing purposes for several years. Now I receive a message, "HT Pro Needs to Be Updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS." I have installed HoursTracker 5.1.1 Pro Edition, hoping that I could transfer the data I've lost. Unfortunately, that did not happen. And unfortunately, I had not backed up my data in HT Pro. Is there anything I can do to recover the data I've lost?

app needs to be updated by developer to work with this version of ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.