Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 4S DISABLED, CONNECT TO ITUNES

HI all.

My wifes old iphone 4s may be being brought back in to service for my father if we can get round the 4 digit security code.

I have tried recovery/dfu mode, itunes goes through the downloading and extracting of the factory settings firmware but then says iphone is not contactable!!!!??????????

How can this be when it was connecting it to itunes in recovery mode that started the process???

Can anyone help please.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 3:02 PM

See if this helps: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

4 replies

Apr 27, 2021 3:49 PM in response to s.jsutton

Hi.

That link basically tells me to do what I have already tried.

the phone goes in to recovery mode and the process starts on itunes, the phone then comes out of recovery mode whilst the firmware is still being extracted and it then fails. I have tried putting the phone back in to recovery mode whilst the software is still extracting [ie before itunes trys to connect to phone again] but it makes no difference to the end result, it tells me it has failed as "Iphone is not contactable".

I guess the only other option is to call apple but will they still offer me any help on a phone this old?

Regards

Simon

IPHONE 4S DISABLED, CONNECT TO ITUNES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.