Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes Isssue

Hi there, my mothers iPhone SE (2020) won't unlock. She changed the passcode on her phone and forgot it and has since been locked out of the phone for entering the wrong code too many times. There is no time limit until the next attempt, instead it asks to connnect to iTunes, which I have done and it seems the only way of fixing it is factory resetting it (losing all the data- not good). I tried updating it on the computer however that failed and leaves me with no options more or less. Also, when I try log into iTunes it asks for a verification code which is sent to the phone which is locked and therefore I'm unable to see what the code is. Is there any way to fix this issue without resetting the whole phone as it is not backed up.

The phone is relatively new and doesn't have THAT much data on it however it has loads of contacts etc which she needs to be kept and cannot afford to lose.

Many thanks,

CTominey

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 11:55 AM

She will need to restore the phone, which unfortunately will erase all data. There is no other way! Hopefully she has a back-up so she can restore her data. Instructions here...Now I see, no back-up. This experience will be a lesson for her.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 11:55 AM in response to CTominey

She will need to restore the phone, which unfortunately will erase all data. There is no other way! Hopefully she has a back-up so she can restore her data. Instructions here...Now I see, no back-up. This experience will be a lesson for her.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes Isssue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.