Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID Issue

I recently purchased iPhone X because I wanted a higher degree of privacy (as boasted by Apple). Like others, I also set ip my face ID. Recently, my brother (even we’re not identical twins) tried to unlock my iPhone using his face (even his face ID wasn’t set up), and, to my horror, it worked. Woe to Apple!

Apple always talk about privacy, security but of no use. What’s my fault? Is it that I bought this costly phone just to compromise on my privacy?

After I set up my face ID, whenever he (my brother) tries to open it using face unlock, it works.

I would boast about having an iPhone X, but I lament now! Sigh!

I need your support in this regard! I hope you’d help me!

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 5:47 PM

Mr_WT wrote:

Yes, he is aware of the passcode now.

Yes!

Yes!

Change your passcode, and do not share it.

Setup Face ID again, with no one else in the room.

Have your brother attempt to open the phone after changing the passcode and resetting Face ID.

There is no security issue with Face ID, there is an issue with your use of Face ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 5:47 PM in response to Mr_WT

Mr_WT wrote:

Yes, he is aware of the passcode now.

Yes!

Yes!

Change your passcode, and do not share it.

Setup Face ID again, with no one else in the room.

Have your brother attempt to open the phone after changing the passcode and resetting Face ID.

There is no security issue with Face ID, there is an issue with your use of Face ID.

Face ID Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.