Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Screen wallpaper BigSur version 11.3

Yesterday I updated my Macbook Air to Big Sur 11.3 version. Before I did it, when I turn on my MacBook, the Lock Screen wallpaper was the same of my desktop screen wallpaper. Now, when I Turn it on, shows the typical Big Sur screen protector and I can not find an option to change it. I would like to personalize my own Lock Screen wallpaper. 

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 5:34 PM

if it was working like that in 11.2.3 then you must have only a single user account. not even a guest user. sometimes (however rarely) settings can be changed after updates. if you are using a single user setup, you can go into SystemPreferences>Users&Groups in Login Options and set "Display login window as:" to "List of users". then your login window picture will once again match your chosen desktop picture.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 5:34 PM in response to Jazminro901

if it was working like that in 11.2.3 then you must have only a single user account. not even a guest user. sometimes (however rarely) settings can be changed after updates. if you are using a single user setup, you can go into SystemPreferences>Users&Groups in Login Options and set "Display login window as:" to "List of users". then your login window picture will once again match your chosen desktop picture.

Apr 28, 2021 2:49 PM in response to Jazminro901

Hi there Jazminro901!

Thank you for posting in Apple Communities. It sounds like you would like for your desktop image to match your login screen when logging into your Mac. What you are experiencing is expected behavior.

On macOS Mojave and later, before a user is selected and logged in you will see the default macOS background. Once you've logged in and have put your Mac to sleep or have locked the screen, when you wake your Mac up and it requests your user password, at that point your custom desktop background will appear.

If you need steps on how to change your desktop background, look here: Customize the desktop picture on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Lock Screen wallpaper BigSur version 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.