Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic pro extremely laggy interface after helper tool installation

Today I launched Logic Pro X as usual, and it asked me to allow to install a new helper tool for it's content library, which I did.

After that, the whole interface is laggy as ****.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 11:46 AM

After a long day of desperation in one hand, but community support on the other hand, I finally found the culprit.

It was an iPad app I used for Logic shortcuts called Metagrid.

It appears that the Metagrid Control Surface script I installed into Logic suddenly stopped working and caused this behavior.

I just deleted it from the Control Surface Setup and the issue was resolved.

Thank you all for your effort in helping me!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 11:46 AM in response to aLoopInChaos

After a long day of desperation in one hand, but community support on the other hand, I finally found the culprit.

It was an iPad app I used for Logic shortcuts called Metagrid.

It appears that the Metagrid Control Surface script I installed into Logic suddenly stopped working and caused this behavior.

I just deleted it from the Control Surface Setup and the issue was resolved.

Thank you all for your effort in helping me!

Logic pro extremely laggy interface after helper tool installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.