Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where on my iphone 6 is a video downloaded from an email?

Hi,

I've downloaded a video from an email, where is it?

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 10:38 AM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2021 3:37 AM in response to LD150

Thanks, but it wasn't there! However, when I opened the email again and tapped on the attachment it opened the video and the button appeared to share / save it, so then I was able to save it to my Photos.

I still don't know where it had previously downloaded it to, but it doesn't matter now.

Apr 29, 2021 10:15 AM in response to LD150

I checked all the folders I can access via the Files app and I'm afraid that none of them have this download in them.

It strikes me that I often get emails with images attached and when I 'download' them they don't seem to be stored anywhere either? I am wondering if the 'download' function in the Mail app is really doing what it says it's doing? Maybe it is just holding the files somewhere on a temporary basis until I've finished viewing them? Incidentally, all these files arrive attached to gmail messages, but I don't use a gmail app, I just have the gmail account linked to the Apple Mail app - is that relevant?

Where on my iphone 6 is a video downloaded from an email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.