Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting message that my iPhone has been hacked

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 12:20 PM

diya241 wrote:

We all get those pop-up and website advertisements. Advertisers lie. If the pop-up could scan our iPhone or iPad, they'd just rip off all our information directly because a malware scan requires complete access to all of our storage and websites just don't have that access.

So they try to fool us.

Tap on this link > Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

We also sometimes accept spammer's calendar subscriptions, because some website offered us a "would you like notifications?" and we accepted it. If you've accepted one of those spammers' calendars, look at the color of the calendar events shown on your display, then open the Calendar app, scroll down to the bottom and tap the Calendars button, scroll down until you find the box with Subscribed calendars shown, the color(s) of those subscribed calendars should match the colors of the spam events you're getting shown, tap the Info button to the right of each calendar entry and scroll down and tap the button to delete the calendar.

The link from a previous reply > Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

And info on what we're all increasingly being subjected to, tap here > Scam Pop-ups, Scam Viruses, Scam Receipts… - Apple Community

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 12:20 PM in response to diya241

diya241 wrote:

We all get those pop-up and website advertisements. Advertisers lie. If the pop-up could scan our iPhone or iPad, they'd just rip off all our information directly because a malware scan requires complete access to all of our storage and websites just don't have that access.

So they try to fool us.

Tap on this link > Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

We also sometimes accept spammer's calendar subscriptions, because some website offered us a "would you like notifications?" and we accepted it. If you've accepted one of those spammers' calendars, look at the color of the calendar events shown on your display, then open the Calendar app, scroll down to the bottom and tap the Calendars button, scroll down until you find the box with Subscribed calendars shown, the color(s) of those subscribed calendars should match the colors of the spam events you're getting shown, tap the Info button to the right of each calendar entry and scroll down and tap the button to delete the calendar.

The link from a previous reply > Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

And info on what we're all increasingly being subjected to, tap here > Scam Pop-ups, Scam Viruses, Scam Receipts… - Apple Community

Apr 28, 2021 12:03 PM in response to diya241

If these messages are in your calendar, see below.

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.