Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse and Keyboard

I recently purchased second hand Apple Peripherals for my M1 Mac mini that work perfectly however the battery is running low, I tried to plug them in to a USB type C plug and it wouldn't go in, Does anybody know what port they use to charge?

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 3:40 PM

Dennison199 Said:

"Magic Mouse and Keyboard: No they are from Apple but I don't know how to charge them. They have a port on the back that looks like USB C but it won't fit in to the port"

-------

Use a Lightning Cable:

So, the port is on the keyboard, correct? Not the Mac, correct? If so, it is a lightning cable you need.

The Cable: Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable - Apple Support

1. Go Here: Recharge the Built-in Battery in your Apple Keyboard, Mouse, or Trackpad - Apple Support
  2. As It Reads: "When it's time to charge your device's battery, connect a Lightning to USB cable to its Lightning port, then connect the other end of the cable to your Mac or a USB power adapter."
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 3:40 PM in response to Dennison199

Dennison199 Said:

"Magic Mouse and Keyboard: No they are from Apple but I don't know how to charge them. They have a port on the back that looks like USB C but it won't fit in to the port"

-------

Use a Lightning Cable:

So, the port is on the keyboard, correct? Not the Mac, correct? If so, it is a lightning cable you need.

The Cable: Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable - Apple Support

1. Go Here: Recharge the Built-in Battery in your Apple Keyboard, Mouse, or Trackpad - Apple Support
  2. As It Reads: "When it's time to charge your device's battery, connect a Lightning to USB cable to its Lightning port, then connect the other end of the cable to your Mac or a USB power adapter."

Apr 28, 2021 2:50 PM in response to Dennison199

Dennison199 Said:

"Magic Mouse and Keyboard: I recently purchased second hand Apple Peripherals for my M1 Mac mini that work perfectly however the battery is running low, I tried to plug them in to a USB type C plug and it wouldn't go in, Does anybody know what port they use to charge?"

-------

Which Adapter:

If they run off of a battery, it will eventually die out. Once the battery dies out, it is time to resin tall the battery. When you say "second-hand", do you mean that they are not of Apple brand? If so, contact the manufacturer. If they are Apple, however, then see if this adapter works: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple Support

Magic Mouse and Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.