You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone to android text/call issues

I have a problem that I cannot find anything online on how to help. So here is my issue. My wife uses an iPhone XS. I use a Samsung galaxy Note 10+. Recently I started having an issue where her text messages were not coming to me. (Please read all the way through). She can call me but no texts. I thought it was an issue on my end and I started troubleshooting my phone. Also...a real estate agent friend of mine who also uses an iPhone could text me...but anytime they try to call it says in an automated message that I'm not accepting calls at this time. HOWEVER, after a LOT of trial and error and me looking everywhere online and calling my service provider...doing a factory reset...and even getting a new sim card...I couldn't solve the issue. My wife and I are on AT&T...but I'm on FirstNet (for emergency responders). I was about to buy a new phone until I noticed my daughter is also not getting my wife's text messages.

So I proceeded to follow guides online about changing settings on imessenger as it may be the culprit. I turned it off...nothing, I turned it on and made sure SMS was selected...nothing. I had her sign out of imessenger and facetime...nothing. signed back in...nothing. rebooted...nothing. I even had her remove my text history on her phone and contact...nothing.

The odd thing though is that I receive picture messages from her and if she is in a group chat I can see her texts then. But if she texts anyone that uses an android it will not go through (had her test a few others). My agent friend with the iPhone cannot call Android uses either.

What on earth is the deal? I'm stuck...

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 6:10 AM

Carriers claims no issues are found...both from AT&T and FirstNet. Also, on Android my DO NOT Disturb feature which I do use only blocks sounds and not texts/calls/pictures. My wife is favorited so that it never blocks her notification sounds. Removing the feature does nothing as still only calls and pictures go through but texts will not. She has no feature activated on her end.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2021 6:10 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Carriers claims no issues are found...both from AT&T and FirstNet. Also, on Android my DO NOT Disturb feature which I do use only blocks sounds and not texts/calls/pictures. My wife is favorited so that it never blocks her notification sounds. Removing the feature does nothing as still only calls and pictures go through but texts will not. She has no feature activated on her end.

Apr 28, 2021 7:20 PM in response to Takean

These both sound like issues that need to be addressed with your cellular carrier.

1) There is nothing the iPhone can do to stop phone calls. If calls aren't going through, it's an issue with your carrier or your phone. You may want to check whether your phone has an analog to the iPhone's "Do Not Disturb" functionality that is preventing calls from coming in.

2) Text messages are a technology known as SMS. Photo messages are sent via MMS. Two different cellular technologies again, and it sounds like that could be an issue that, once again, your carrier needs to investigate.

3) Just for sanity's sake, you never had your own AppleID or never owned an iPhone yourself, correct?

If you had, you may need to follow this procedure:

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

IPhone to android text/call issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.