Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are movements on my trackpad not working? I entered system preferences and all options are working

why are movements on my trackpad not working? I entered system preferences and all options are working

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 7:17 AM

I think you are asking why the cursor isn’t moving as your fingers move across the trackpad but there are other things you might be asking. If my answer below isn’t responsive then please give us more details with examples as to what you are seeing/not seeing.

I can think of a couple reasons why the trackpad isn’t responsive. If you have a mouse connected to the computer disconnect it and see if the trackpad works now. If so you’ve set the computer to disable the trackpad while a mouse is connected. This is found in the Accessibility control panel under Mouse/Trackpad options.

Try rebooting the computer. Sometimes the keyboard/mouse becomes unresponsive and this fixes it.

If neither of these suggestions work give AppleCare a call.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 7:17 AM in response to loubi94

I think you are asking why the cursor isn’t moving as your fingers move across the trackpad but there are other things you might be asking. If my answer below isn’t responsive then please give us more details with examples as to what you are seeing/not seeing.

I can think of a couple reasons why the trackpad isn’t responsive. If you have a mouse connected to the computer disconnect it and see if the trackpad works now. If so you’ve set the computer to disable the trackpad while a mouse is connected. This is found in the Accessibility control panel under Mouse/Trackpad options.

Try rebooting the computer. Sometimes the keyboard/mouse becomes unresponsive and this fixes it.

If neither of these suggestions work give AppleCare a call.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.