Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Documents folder is missing after using iCloud drive

This is what I did

\-went into settings -> iCloud drive and turned it on for Desktop & Documents

\-then I realized that it was uploading 300GB which I don't have in my iCloud

\-so went back into settings and turned iCloud drive back off with only a GB may be uploaded

\-then I went into shock because thought all my files were gone

\-Then I figured it out just moved the iCloud documents folder to my local downloads folder

\-but now my documents folder is in my downloads folder. I went into Macintosh HD->users->me-> documents. But this documents folder is acting weird. When trying to create a new folder or move my stuff from the downloads-documents folder I get An unexpected error occurred (error code -43).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 10:50 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 30, 2021 3:26 PM in response to amapple7

Hi there amapple7,

We’re happy to see that you posted to the Apple Support Community for assistance and we understand that you're having issues creating folders or moving files. We're happy to provide some assistance with this. 

Based on the details you’ve provided, we highly recommend trying each step here: Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

"Disk Utility can fix certain disk problems—for example, multiple apps quit unexpectedly, a file is corrupted, an external device doesn’t work properly, or your computer won’t start up."

Have a good one! 

Documents folder is missing after using iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.