Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder disappeared from DOCUMENTS

I had a folder in iCloud Drive but I moved it to documents on the Mac to take up less space as it contained files I didn't use frequently.

The aforementioned folder is gone, in fact I can't even access the Mac Documents because I get this message:

"documents cannot be opened because the original element cannot be found"

I called Apple but they don't understand the problem.

The folder is NOT in the trash is completely gone.

Among other things, I tried to move other files in the mac documents to understand what could happen or if at least I was able to open them and this happens:

"you can place items in documents but you will no longer be able to view them. continue?

other users with sufficient permissions will be able to use these elements "

Anyone have a solution?

Thank you

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 11:58 AM

Yikes...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Recover deleted files on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Milla2022

Yikes...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Recover deleted files on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Folder disappeared from DOCUMENTS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.