Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID on iPad Mini 4 is not working after unpdate to iOS 14.5

Hi.

After updating to iOS 14.5 on the iPad MIni 4. My Touch ID seems to be working intermittently. I do understadn the ipad mini 4 is quite old already so it is possible it is a processor issue.

I have tried to delete the delete the fingerprints and then added the fingerprints again. As I said, the fingerprint is intermittently detected by the touch button. I have hard restarted the ipad mini also to no avail.

Just wondering if people can point me in the direction to fix this problem.

Thanks

ansj64

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:02 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) ALL the steps provided in this support article:--> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support , please contact Apple Support directly (they have tools to run remote diagnostics), using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

May 3, 2021 8:08 AM in response to Tsinoy Newbie

yah its not working properly on my mini 5 either, its asking for passwords for apps and the homescreen is just blank when I lock it, no longer asks for anything just the tiny lcon uptop above the time. Dont get it resets updating apps passwords nothing works, this seems to be related to the update itself a bug or something rather than a function.

Touch ID on iPad Mini 4 is not working after unpdate to iOS 14.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.