Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I see my messages in icloud

I'm trying to confirm that my messages are backed up on icloud including their attachments (photos, videos etc.) but I can't see messages when I go to my icloud acct. Where do I look to confirm messages are being stored on icloud and how can I access them?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 9:42 AM

jubilee21 wrote:

I'm trying to confirm that my messages are backed up on icloud including their attachments (photos, videos etc.) but I can't see messages when I go to my icloud acct. Where do I look to confirm messages are being stored on icloud and how can I access them?

You don't. All that you mention is part of the icloud backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support and it can't be viewed by going to icloud.com.

If you're wanting to be able to view on icloud you need to do this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support please read carefully how this works and this is not part of the icloud backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 9:42 AM in response to jubilee21

jubilee21 wrote:

You don't. All that you mention is part of the icloud backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support and it can't be viewed by going to icloud.com.

If you're wanting to be able to view on icloud you need to do this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support please read carefully how this works and this is not part of the icloud backup.

how do I see my messages in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.