Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my ios 6 plus is not being updated it is still ios 12.5 and here in the softwere update option (softwere is uptodate) is written

My iphone 6plus is not getting the latest update while stuck in ios12.5

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 7:31 PM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2021 8:12 PM in response to moiz010

moiz010 Said:

"Why my ios 6 plus is not being updated it is still ios 12.5 and here in the softwere update option (softwere is uptodate) is written: My: iphone 6plus is not getting the latest update while stuck in ios12.5"

-------

What to do:

A. Visit these two sites:

B. View Incompatibility:

See if your iPhone model can be updated to iOS13 and iOS14.. If updating is not an option, then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS versions.

Important:

C. Back Up your iPhone:

Putting that aside, take this as a chance to backup your iPhone, if never done before. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong in the future.

Why my ios 6 plus is not being updated it is still ios 12.5 and here in the softwere update option (softwere is uptodate) is written

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.