Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download photos easily from iphone to PC?

I used to be able to connect my iphone via USB to my PC, and just ... copy/paste photos to the PC. I can't do that any more. Why is it so hard? What's the easy way?

Posted on May 1, 2021 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 6:34 AM

You can download iCloud Photos for Windows. Then sync your photos from your iPhone automatically with your PC without the need for a USB cable. I would say that is the easy way.

More info and download link here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/guide/icloud-windows/icw2ed20ffd1/icloud

6 replies

May 2, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Community User

Except I don't want ALL photos in one enormous zip file in one directory, and I can't imageine how many days that would take anyway. I can download photos one-at-a-time to where I want them. But if I select two photos, they download zipped, and the download requires anywhere from 15 minutes to I-gave-up-after-2-hours, and I can't unzip them anway.

I don't want all my iCloud photos on my PC. I want to download the ones I want. It used to be easy.

May 5, 2021 12:49 PM in response to jerrold43smith

I know that you have been able to connect your iPhone with USB to a Windows computer, and in File Explorer open the DCIM folder to see and transfer pictures. But since I do not use a PC anymore, I should not be able to say if the function has been removed?

May 8, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Community User

HIstory: When I could no longer download direct from phone to PC, I signed in to iCloud viia browser on my PC. That's when I discvoered I'd have to do it one. Picture. At. A. Time. I laboriously downloaded a bunch of pictures one-at-a-time. Then deleted them from iCloud, one-at-a-time. My iCloud storage is now down to about 45% filled. But my iphone still won't sync to iCloud because it says my iCloud storage is full. iPad syncs, iPhone doesn't. I've done a hard restart, no joy. I am stone tired of this sh**. All I want to do is archive some old photos and lighten my iCloud storage.

How to download photos easily from iphone to PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.