Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on my iMac keeps quitting

When I click the iPhone(iPhone 11) to import my photos, it just quitting unexpectedly.

I did library repair, and still has the same problem.

what should I do?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 1, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 9:24 AM

Hi

First - as a workaround until the problem is solved, can you use the image capture app to get the photos from your phone to a folder, and then import from there.

Next please try the following:

1 - Create a new empty library and try with that library open

2 - Try booting in safe mode - does it still happen?

3 - Try creating a new user account and try when logged into that account.

These checks will tell us if the problem is system wide, or linked to a particular library or user account.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 9:24 AM in response to NEWBIEwithiMAC

Hi

First - as a workaround until the problem is solved, can you use the image capture app to get the photos from your phone to a folder, and then import from there.

Next please try the following:

1 - Create a new empty library and try with that library open

2 - Try booting in safe mode - does it still happen?

3 - Try creating a new user account and try when logged into that account.

These checks will tell us if the problem is system wide, or linked to a particular library or user account.

May 2, 2021 4:45 AM in response to TonyCollinet

I tried #2.

started with safe mode, and connected my iPhone. Then Photos started automatically but doesn't even show iPhone on side panel and iPhone was not charging(it was with normal node.)

seems like Mac doesn't recognize iPhone when it is safe mode. worse

now I'm trying #1, but it is not easy for newbie....

is this issue common? or just me?

May 2, 2021 6:47 AM in response to NEWBIEwithiMAC

I would try Tony's first suggestion "Use Image Capture" first.

By trying with a different application "image Capture" you can check, if the iPhone or the images on the iPhone are the problem or Phots for Mac or your current Photos Library. It will help to isolate the issue you are having with the iPhone and downloading to your Mac.

If Image Capture can download from the iPhone, you can check, if the images or videos from the iPhone are readable on your Mac.

If even Image Capture cannot download from the iPhone, you are having a more general problem with the iPhone, the cable, lack of storage, or permissions in your user account.

Photos on my iMac keeps quitting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.