Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur won't allow me to use my Dymo Labelwriter 4XL

I updated my OS to Big Sur on my 1 year old iMac. I have a Dymo Labelwriter 4XL that WILL print but the mailing label image comes out about 1"x2", way too small for a mailing label! I re-installed the Dymo software and restarted the computer, gone into the preferences pane for the printer and re-set the size for the image. Doesn't affect it at all. Contacted Dymo, they say they can't guarantee 3rd party software will work with their equipment. Well, how about tweaking the software instead of giving me that lame answer. I don't want to buy another printer as this one worked just fine before the update.

Posted on May 1, 2021 11:53 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 1, 2021 1:15 PM in response to nativetxn77

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Big Sur won't allow me to use my Dymo Labelwriter 4XL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.