Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address Lable Printer For Mac OS Ventura

I have used Dymo printers with my Macs for many years, but it seems that my upgrade to Ventura has thrown a monkey wrench into that. The older Dymo printers won’t work because the new software is totally different. Most of the newer Dymo printers won’t work with any labels other than genuine Dymo labels, which are more than twice the cost of regular address labels. I have tried to get an answer out of Seiko, but they never respond. Anyone else dealt with this issue?

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 10:07 PM

I have some comments to offer. I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo and it works with the latest version of Ventura. It also worked with the previous operating systems I have used. As I noted above, the software is problematic at times. If you research the Demo support site you will see that there are now two different softwares offered. The new software, Dymo Connect, is offered for the newer printers. The older software, Dymo Label, is for older printers but will also work with many of the newer ones. I have tried the new software but have found it to be extremely difficult to understand and use. And that is after reading the manual for it! It is not intuitive or user friendly in the least. And I also use Dymo's labels and have no complaints about them.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 10:07 PM in response to SoCalChrisBee

I have some comments to offer. I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo and it works with the latest version of Ventura. It also worked with the previous operating systems I have used. As I noted above, the software is problematic at times. If you research the Demo support site you will see that there are now two different softwares offered. The new software, Dymo Connect, is offered for the newer printers. The older software, Dymo Label, is for older printers but will also work with many of the newer ones. I have tried the new software but have found it to be extremely difficult to understand and use. And that is after reading the manual for it! It is not intuitive or user friendly in the least. And I also use Dymo's labels and have no complaints about them.

Dec 21, 2022 10:09 AM in response to Mactoyz

You say you contacted Seiko, but I do not think they make the Dymo printers, so it's not unusual for no response. I've used Dymo printers for many years and have found them to be difficult to work with. Their software is problematic. My solution is usually to disconnect the AC from Demo printer for at least a full minute, then reconnect it. It currently works fine with Ventura, so I suggest that you make sure you have downloaded the newest software. I suggest you direct your complaints directly to Demo as we cannot change their products.

Dec 21, 2022 5:00 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately they don’t offer a compatible software for my printer and if I am reading things correctly, the only new Dymo printers that will work with OS Ventura are built to accept Dymo labels only. (About 3 times the cost of generic labels that work just fine) I appreciate your taking the time to provide the link.

Dec 22, 2022 8:54 AM in response to Mactoyz

Then do what I do: user Avery labels. They offer templates for a variety of apps, Pages, Word, etc., which you can download and populate with whatever data you need printed. They have address labels, file tab labels, large (4 to a page) shipping type labels, etc. You can use your own printer.

For address labels I use the Avery 5160 label - 30 to a page. If I need only 1 or 2 labels I start with a blank template and add them at the bottom of the page to match the label sheet I have.

Jan 26, 2023 6:04 AM in response to Ronasara

Thanks for your comments. I was unable to make the Dymo Connect or the Dymo app work with Ventura. I was not having any problem with previous OS versions. My complaint about the Dymo labels is the cost. They are 3-4 times more expensive than other good labels. I am now using Label Live software that works with all kinds of label printer brands. You have to buy a license, but the savings on the labels makes it a no-brainer. I am using that with a Seiko label printer.

Address Lable Printer For Mac OS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.