Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add MPEG-4 screen recording with audio to Final Cut Pro

hi I have a MacBook Air 2020 m1 chip and a iPad mini 4. I got this music video that I got from YouTube that's un-copyrighted. I screen recorded it on my iPad since it records the audio from it. now I have it on my Mac and im trying to import it. the video part comes through but the audio dosent. the video and audio plays perfectly on QuickTime player. any ideas to help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 1, 2021 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 2:28 PM

Does video come without audio already in the browser?

What do you see in FCP info Inspector?

Though I fail to see why this video would import without audio, you can try convert it in the Finder before importing to FCP. Control-click the file in the Finder, choose Services->Encode Selected Video Files and choose ProRes.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 2:28 PM in response to DJ3508

Does video come without audio already in the browser?

What do you see in FCP info Inspector?

Though I fail to see why this video would import without audio, you can try convert it in the Finder before importing to FCP. Control-click the file in the Finder, choose Services->Encode Selected Video Files and choose ProRes.

How to add MPEG-4 screen recording with audio to Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.