Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"ReSend" in Apple Mail sends from wrong account

This is a small but annoying bug I can't figure out how to resolve.

I need to resend emails on occasion from my primary Mac.com address. When I go to my Sent folder and hit "ReSend," it always creates a new email from a completely different Gmail account I almost never use.

Does anyone know an easy way to fix this?

It does not happen on any other account, even a second, separate mac.com account. Just my primary mac.com account.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Much obliged,

Mick

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 1, 2021 5:08 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 2, 2021 10:21 AM in response to Mick Guinn

Mick Guinn wrote:

This is a small but annoying bug I can't figure out how to resolve.

I need to resend emails on occasion from my primary Mac.com address. When I go to my Sent folder and hit "ReSend," it always creates a new email from a completely different Gmail account I almost never use.

Does anyone know an easy way to fix this?

It does not happen on any other account, even a second, separate mac.com account. Just my primary mac.com account.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Much obliged,

Mick

hmmm... mac.com

using Apple's iCloud Mail:

learn how to resolve issues with iCloud Mail

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

May 3, 2021 9:08 PM in response to steve626

Steve, that's an interesting idea.

I tried forcing all of my email accounts to reply from that mac.com account, but no luck. Perinienially, "auto-select" has been selected, to no avail in this case. All the other accounts, reply or resend appropriately from their own account. I toggled it back and forth, Quit Mail, ran Vacuum Mail Index, and a few other Unix routines (like "Remove Corrupt Preferences"). No change.

I did notice the account that keeps grabbing the outgoing mail happens to be listed at the top of the "Send new messages from..." list. I guess that's a clue this is where the setting became corrupt, but I'm still not sure where else to look.

It's my primary iCloud and Apple ID account, so I don't want to dump prefs and even deleting and re-adding an Apple IMAP account can still take some breathless time to repopulate.

I was hoping for a quick fix? Otherwise, I may have to wait until summer break from Grad school to take on anything more time-consuming...

Let me know if you think of anything else?

🙏🏽

"ReSend" in Apple Mail sends from wrong account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.