Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords

My mom was ready to send old, replaced iphone, to my brother for his kids. She was worried because she saw passwords from my wife and I. When we looked, to reset, indeed her phone had quite a few sensitive passwords. Odd thing, many passwords seemed to be ‘shared’ across devices, displayed in plain text. Any idea why? Need to fix this, but need to make sure once we change all passwords, we dont have issues moving forward. Super disappointed with apple tonight.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 1, 2021 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 8:13 PM

What passwords are you referring to and where are you seeing them. If you are using iCloud Keychain your passwords will be there but you have to enter the keychain passcode in order to look at them.

You need to do this before giving them your phone -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 8:13 PM in response to Hartman311

What passwords are you referring to and where are you seeing them. If you are using iCloud Keychain your passwords will be there but you have to enter the keychain passcode in order to look at them.

You need to do this before giving them your phone -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.