Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do are the previous owner’s passwords saved on my iPad?

My mom gave her iPad to me and I logged off her Apple ID, and logged into mine. A few days passed and I went on my iPhone only to notice that all her passwords are suddenly saved in my iCloud Keychain (together with my passwords). How do I remove them without deleting them from her Apple ID? How did this even happen? I’m now scared that she can see mine too somehow.

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:48 PM

When signing-out from an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of iCloud data - such as Keychain, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Reminders etc. If you do so, this data will be merged with the AppleID that is next used to sign-in to the iPad. There is no method to remove this merged data other to manually delete each and every entry. If signed-in with a different AppleID, data that you delete will not be deleted from the original user’s other devices.

To properly prepare a used iPad for a different User, you should follow the correct process to fully erase the iPad:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 4:48 PM in response to myfirstquestion

When signing-out from an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of iCloud data - such as Keychain, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Reminders etc. If you do so, this data will be merged with the AppleID that is next used to sign-in to the iPad. There is no method to remove this merged data other to manually delete each and every entry. If signed-in with a different AppleID, data that you delete will not be deleted from the original user’s other devices.

To properly prepare a used iPad for a different User, you should follow the correct process to fully erase the iPad:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Why do are the previous owner’s passwords saved on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.