Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone ringing when silent mode is on

Hello,

my iPhone 11 max pro was ringing when silent mode on, so I decided to mode to iPhone 12 Pro Max same issue still, waited for the bug fixes from ages still it rings on 14.5 can anyone tell me how’s it going on the next level up software?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 1, 2021 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 1:29 AM

Does this happen with ALL contacts and incoming calls or does the phone ring during silent mode only with certain contacts?

I ask because you can setup a contact so that when that contact calls you then the iPhone will ring even if it is in silent mode. This is done by setting the EMERGENCY BYPASS to ON for a given contact.

Next time when your iPhone rings while the SILENT MODE is set to ON then check that callers contact information. This is done by opening the CONTACTS app and then selecting and opening a Contact Name ➔ Edit ➔ Ringtone ➔ Emergency Bypass : Here, ensure that it is set to OFF.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 1:29 AM in response to muhammadfrombrisbane

Does this happen with ALL contacts and incoming calls or does the phone ring during silent mode only with certain contacts?

I ask because you can setup a contact so that when that contact calls you then the iPhone will ring even if it is in silent mode. This is done by setting the EMERGENCY BYPASS to ON for a given contact.

Next time when your iPhone rings while the SILENT MODE is set to ON then check that callers contact information. This is done by opening the CONTACTS app and then selecting and opening a Contact Name ➔ Edit ➔ Ringtone ➔ Emergency Bypass : Here, ensure that it is set to OFF.

Axel F.

iPhone ringing when silent mode is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.