Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accidental damage without warranty

I bought iPad 5 months ago and there was a lag in touch. I was about to get it to Apple center but due to Covid I could go. Yesterday my Ipad has accidentally fallen and the screen broke and display is gone. The Apple center in India was super rude and was not helpful in anyway. I had a similar incident with my iPhone in the past. And the repair done was very bad ,I had to go to the service center nearly 10 times. How is the service for accidental damage of iPad in India. Can I trust and give it for repair?

Is there anyway that Apple can help me with a replacement or reduce the repair cost?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 2, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 6:36 PM

If you never purchased extended AppleCare+ at purchase time or within 60 days of purchase, then there is nothing more to be done.

You will need to purchase another new iPad or pay the slightly lower costs for another Apple refurbished/repaired replacement unit.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

2 replies

May 2, 2021 6:42 PM in response to hafeezasony

hafeezasony Said:

"accidental damage without warranty: [...]the repair done was very bad ,I had to go to the service center nearly 10 times. How is the service for accidental damage of iPad in India. Can I trust and give it for repair?[...]"

-------

Other than Apple:

Take it to a retailer. But search for reviews of the retailer on the web, seeing how they are when it comes to customer service, and how reliable they were when it comes to fixing items.

accidental damage without warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.